COLOURLOCK Leather Clothing Machine Wash Concentrate, 250 ml
Application areas: Bags & Accessories, Leather Clothing, Aniline, Suede & Nubuck
Refined aniline leather
Refined aniline leather
Pull Up leather
Suede and nubuck leather
Pull Up leather
Suede and nubuck leather
Available SizesCOLOURLOCK Leather Clothing Machine Wash Concentrate is suitable for washing almost every kind of leather. This can be done in the washing machine,at a low temperature (under 35°C (95°F), the same as for wool. Rest assured that, provided you follow the instructions, the leather will not shrink and it will come out clean and soft.
Amount: 250 ml.
Before washing please note:
- Heavily soiled garments or greasy collars, cuffs etc. should be pre-soaked in luke-warm water and the problem areas pre-treated with the Wash Concentrate and a soft brush.
- With leather garments of more than one colour, or those made from a mixture of leather and textile, or with a light coloured lining, some colour-bleeding can occur. In such cases always soak in LEDER FEIN® Leather Fixative before washing.
- Never wash two different garments together.
- Always wash the two or three parts of a dress or trouser suit, together.
- Fading and scuff marks may be hidden by the soiling and can become visible after cleaning.
- On some leather types the dyes have not been fixed to the fibre. Others are coated with oils or waxes. Such garments will be clean after washing but will have a changed surface or appearance.
- Loose buttons or too loosely sewn decorative applications must be removed or secured before washing.
- Sheepskins with a white underside: Always cut off a small piece and use it for a test. If it becomes hard, it means the garment has been subject to a kind of tanning that is washed out in water. In which cases do not wash.
Leather Fixative pre-treatment
LEDER FEIN® Leather Fixative is used to fix colours on leather garments during washing. It can also be used for the removal of water stains on natural and aniline leather.
For leather-textile mixtures, multi-coloured garments, single-coloured garments in black, red, blue, bordeaux and green: Always pre-soak in a bath with Leather Fixative!
Effect: Fixes tanning agents, colours and lipids inside the leather. Prevents the colours from washing out. Use preferably prior to washing.
- Use in the bath, not in the washing machine.
- Add half a bottle to approx. 10 litres hand hot water, max. 30 °C until covered.
- Motorcycle suits: use a full bottle
- Soak the garment thoroughly for approx. 60 minutes, moving occasionally.
- Put it into the washing machine,without rinsing.
Leather & Washing Concentrate Hand Wash instructions
Suitable for hand-washing all suede and nappa leathers, including jackets, coats, shirts, trousers, motorcycle suits and gloves. Depending on the garment size use ⅓ – ½ bottle + approx. 12 litres of warm water. Cover the garment. Keep the temperature below 35°C (95°F). For a complete motorcycle suit or large coat, use 1 bottle and enough water to cover. Soak for about 30 minutes and wash by hand. Treat heavy soiling with a soft brush. When clean, remove and rinse once in clean warm water. Surface Cleaning: using a thin concentrate 1:50, wipe the surface or use a brush.
Leather & Washing Concentrate Machine Wash
Only use the delicates or wool program and do not exceed 35°C (95°F). Suitable for all suede and grain leather, such as jackets, coats, shirts, trousers, folklore costumes, motorcycle clothing and gloves. Also ideal for leather/textile-combinations.
Depending on garment size add ⅓ – ½ bottle to the machine.
- Motorcycle suits or large coats will need one whole bottle. Heavy soiling: soak for 1 hour and pre-treat with a soft brush dipped in concentrate.
- Wash with the delicates or wool program at no more than 35°C (95°F). At the end of the wash-cycle, only spin for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the wet garment, shake and stretch out the folds. Hang or lay the wet garment on a towel at room temperature away from sun or heat. This can sometimes take several days, depending on the leather…but it’s worth it.
- Important: Never dry in a drier or with heat!
- After drying, the leather fibres will be stuck together. Pull and stretch the garment into shape in all directions and, if needed, cold tumble dry (inside out), for about 15 - 30 minutes. Do not use heat. Nubuck and suede should be brushed with a soft brush.
The care of leather garments
Coated Top-Grain leather
Many top-grain leathers (such as motorcycle leather) have pigmented protective coatings to make them waterproof and more resistant to fading and staining. These leathers are easy to recognize, as rubbed-on moisture will not sink in and darken the leather. Care instructions: Scuffs and wear can be easily repaired with COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh in the correct tone. Top-Grain leather clothing should be protected and nourished by wiping with LEDER FEIN® Leather Care & Waterproofing Oil at least twice a year. This prevents cracking, shrinkage and stains.
Open Pored Top Grain Leather (napa, aniline)
These are leathers which are dyed throughout but, in order to maintain their look and feel, their surfaces have not been coated. A little pressure or rubbing with moisture will darken these. Care instructions: Regular treatment with COLOURLOCK Aniline Cream (every 2-3 months) will prevent water or fat stains. Older aniline leathers can be revitalized by regular treatment with our COLOURLOCK Aniline Protector. This adds softening oils, anti-oxidants, UV-filters and intensifies the dyes. For heavy fading consult a leather professional.
Suedes and Nubucks
These are leathers with a velour (slightly furry) surface. Typical are pig, goat, cow-hide, nubuck or suede, deerskin, elk and lamb. Care instructions: treat at least 1-2 times per year with our COLOURLOCK Aniline Protector, an aerosol designed to protect against fading and dryness. It is also ideal for re-conditioning suedes and nubucks after washing. It restores the freshness of the colour. Heavy fading of all kinds of leather can only be restored by a professional. Do not forget to waterproof the open surface of such leathers with LEDER FEIN® Leather Waterproofing Pump Spray. To remove light soiling brush with our soft Leather Brush or use the Nubuck Eraser.
We found other products you might like!